Know How The Trade Creditors And the Contingent Liabilities Connected With Business Are Handled By The Auditors
While dealing with the trade creditors, the Auditor should
- Check with the list and schedule of the creditors and also with the purchase ledger that has been already examined by him.
- Assure if all the items purchased during the year from the beginning to the end are also included in the corresponding accounts of the creditors.
- If the Auditor feels for any misinterpretation of false play from the side of any creditors, he or she should immediately opt for the respective client’s consent seeking for the corresponding account statements to be mailed and cross check the same by studying the ledger accounts.
- Also, if the creditors allow for any discounts for the goods returned due to some issue, the Auditor should check with this and must confirm whether the reported matter is genuine or not.
- If the Auditor sees any matter that has a payment pending with the overdue creditors, then he must immediately ask for the concerned reason for the same.
The case of contingent liabilities
Contingent liabilities include those type of liabilities that may or may not occur in the future of payments.
When the contingent liabilities are evaluated by the Auditor, he must ensure that all the variety liabilities are brought into the accounts as per that detailed separately on the balance sheet. Moreover, the specific balance sheet must be surely checked with respect to the entries made on it.
- If any case arises like a discount is made on the bill receivable from a bank and the cash so obtained is already made use of, then the entire amount must be refunded to the corresponding bank once the acceptor fails to make the real payment on its date of maturity. This is the main reason why such a liability is separately detailed in the Balance sheet by way of a footnote.
- Any money called on the share names must be paid on time and should be verified by means of the cash book and all those that include the uncalled liability must be determined.
- Further, the Auditor must also analyze the liability granted by the client on some security for a loan to his friend or a partner. If later any issue falls due to non-payment of this loan, then the corresponding liability should be ascertained.
- While considering the disputed cases where the damages have to be made by the company on the part that is not acknowledged as debts, then that should be immediately ascertained on the foot of the balance sheet and the Auditor must check with this.