Disadvantages of E-commerce
Though e-commerce has many advantages, it has some limitations also. Let us discuss in brief about those disadvantages below. The disadvantages of e-commerce are classified into two categories.
- Technical disadvantages
- Non-technical disadvantages
- Technical disadvantages:
- As it depends completely on the technology, there occur many day-by-day changes.
- Combining the e-commerce application software with other application software is a complicated process.
- There will be no security and reliability for the data present in the software and will get collapsed when the system crashes.
- The network bandwidth will not be the same for all countries. So, this will make an issue while using the software.
- The e-commerce software may not work with some new operating system so, at that time, it will become a bane for the people.
- Non-technical disadvantages:
- The quality of the product cannot be predicted accurately because we will not be able to touch the product since it is an online service.
- It requires a stable internet connection and the internet connection is still not available in many villages. So, the e-commerce application is not suitable for many people.
- The cost of this application is so high and configuring the application may delay when there are some errors in the launch.
- It is difficult for the people to trust the seller because we are not supposed to face the sellers directly and have communication with them. So, this will make the people think traditional shopping is far better than the online shopping.
- The amount for the purchased products will be done by online transactions. The online transactions are not safe and secure. The account details of the people may be misused by someone.
Future of e-commerce:
E-commerce is growing rapidly and only 11.9% is the retail shopping. In future everything will become e-commerce shopping and traditional shopping trends will get vanished. Because we hate traditional shopping because of the crowd in the shops. But now, everyone is using this trending technology-based shopping to escape from the crowd. So, online shopping has become viral and in online shopping, we have to pay for some shopping charges for the products we order. This cost can be avoided when we go with the direct traditional shopping. Future will be surely an e-commercial world and there is no doubt about this.
Thus conclude that though we get many advantages through the technology, I can say it is better to follow the old and gold traditional methods. Because there will be some enjoyment and happiness when we go to shops and purchase something and that happiness will not be there for online shopping.