To hear some commentators tell it, Steve Jobs is going to single-handedly save the newspaper industry with Apple’s new tablet, which is rumored to be announced next week (Read Newsweek’s Article: Five Ways Apple’s Tablet May Change the World).
I wish him, the newspaper industry, and the world the best of luck.
But while we’re pontificating about what the Tablet might do, here’s hoping its rumored crowdsourcing need aggregation and fulfillment app (codename: iGenie) will pull in my wish list and make it a reality.
Besides the basics — Music, Internet, eReader, etc., here are some things I’d like to see in the new Tablet. In the interest of time, I’ll stick to the higher points.
- A magic pixie dust dispenser (Credit Joe “YOU LIE” Wilson)
- Unlimited battery life
- If not indestructible (wouldn’t be “green”), it would be at least highly durable.
- A 20 Megapixel camera with 1600x optical zoom, nightvision, flash, and macro and panoramic views.
- Free 4G connection running on a viable unloaded network.
- Video conferencing that makes it look like you’re looking at the person and not the camera.
- Wireless Enhanced Neurological Projection (I made that term up. Think of Neo’s ability to learn Kung Fu in “The Matrix,” but without the holes in our heads).
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Kung Fu eBook (See previous wish).
- Can be used as a flotation device and re-breather in the event of a water landing.
There’s much more, but you get the point. What are some of the features you want to see? –Cam Beck